Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Music to the ears

"Music. A magic beyond all what we do here" - Prof. Albus Dumbledore

From heavy metal, industrial, alternative, rock, nu-metal, punk, fusion, pop, hip-hop to rhythm, ballads, reggae, soft, classical and certain things that we cannot even classify. Music is a part of everyone's life, however small the part may be. And to some it is everything.

For me, music is not an obsession, but life would not be the same without the music. I do not have any particular preference of a genre, but listen to whatever I like, and it can be anything. Sometimes, the way my playlist goes from heavy rock to boy-band pop is enough to throw others off their tracks. I really wish they never listen to my playlist switch from "Parental Advisory - Explicit Lyrics" hip-hop to Simon and Garfunkel.

I do not play any musical instrument, but sometimes I do try. Have tinkered around with mouth organs, keyboards (not of the computer variety), and even spent a few moments with acoustic guitars. But never could devote enough time to really learn to play one of these even half decently. Maybe someday...

However, till then, let the music play...

No comments: