Sunday, September 24, 2006

Status Quo

As I listen to High Hopes by Pink Floyd for the umpteenth time in my permanent “repeat” Winamp play-list, I realize that my life has also become the same. A repeating play-list of sorts. A constant state of deja-vu prevails, with each day so similar to the last one that the only thing that differentiates them is the date display on my watch.

The days, and even weeks are so similar and monotonous that an onlooker would be able to set his watch by my actions. Up early, leave for office at 0800, in punch at 0820, lunch at 1300, out punch at 1731, and back home. Stare at the computer monitor for a few hours, take dinner and bed. Rinse and repeat this every working day of the week. Then comes Sunday which goes flashing by at a hundred miles an hour. The only thing that changes with each passing week is the list of “to-do things” that grows longer and longer.

Things like rearranging the bookshelf to remove all the papers I dump there, properly file those and put them away at some safe place, rebuilding that old computer to working condition, completing the tag that some other blogger has tagged me with, finishing that videogame I have played till midway, hanging the world map that fell off the wall because of a broken string, going on that bike ride I have been thinking of for ages, starting photography as a hobby, recoding the blog template.....
The list goes on and on, always increasing in length. They say Sundays are for doing these of things. I say Sunday is for taking some rest because come Monday and it will be another long and tiring week at the office. The gloomy repeat play-list haunts me again with the same songs. Dad says I need to do some exercise to lift my spirits. I say I am tired enough already.

As the play-list takes me to Hurt by Johnny Cash, I realize that the purpose I started writing this post was not to rant about how there is an endless list of things to do, but to try and find an outlet for troubles and worries and fears and thoughts that have been burdening me as much as Atlas would be burdened if the planet he carried were Saturn or Jupiter. Turns out they are so deep rooted and I am so f***ing afraid that I won’t even be able to write them down on a private diary, let alone this blog that is theoretically accessible to billions. Turns out I am not strong enough to face them. Turns out they need to be kept buried in the folds of the grey matter filled inside my head. Turns out I need to stick to this monotony called life. Turns out that I need to live this gloomy deja-vu to the end of time.

8 comments:

Vämp!rë said...

now listen to "Time" and "Sorrow" by Pink Floyd, "The Shining" by Black Sabbath...i think it wud lighten ur mood

Voice said...

wow... good one or i liked this one because my life is almost same. one 2 songs in the playlist repeated continuously...
:)

Anonymous said...

Chal Bugerrroooooooooo....

Itna frust mat hona bey...kabhi chutti lekar kahin se ghom ke aa-it'll lift your spirits!!!

Anonymous said...

awww seems like i hafta listen to those songs u mentioned, in case they're responsible to further push you into the blues. why don't you take one sunday off and spend it your way, forget all pending work and whizz away.

~Lord Anshul said...

brilliant post bagru..and really nicely written
but this si wat we all have came to, you know. life in college was a lot different, more carefree and bindas and everyday was more thrill. but alas !! tht wont last forever

and
fears and thoughts that have been burdening me as much as Atlas would be burdened if the planet he carried were Saturn or Jupiter

dont worry Atlas will shrug someday :)

Psycho McCrazy said...

@vampi
i think i'll pass. maybe sometime later when songs might be less of a factor in influencing me.

@voice
trust me, add a few more songs and random selections to the playlist.

@apratim
chalo re, but kahan?????

@sonik
the 3 day break at the end of this week should help....

@anshul
its not about college. i knew long before leaving KGP that it was a unique time that can never be repeated....
its more about when this Atlas will shrug

Anonymous said...

Wow.. in 4 years i never saw you bursting out like this!Dont feel so low dear...altho it seems superficial and corny,still I'd seriously suggest that you try some meditation.what podu said is also good.give yourself a break.that might work wonders.keep in touch.

Psycho McCrazy said...

@c-125
3 day breaks from work help a lot. will come again after a long time now though...