Tuesday, April 04, 2006

For Friends

This post is something like a compilation of short testimonials. I got the idea when I saw Sonik'’s blog post about her friend. I simply could not pick out any single friend, so this is for the awesome people who have made my five years in KGP a wonderful time.

The Wingoo Junta

AG Sudarshan: This fellow has been my closest friend in the last five years, and a next door neighbour for the last three years. This oversized and lazy chap is an awesome friend to have. Know him since the first week of the first year and in the last five years we have had some wonderful times, flamethrowers and snake watching included. And once more I repeat, "Live Life Sudu Size".

The other wingoos, Apratim, Kanishka, Indrava, Vihang, Sumit, and the four wingoos emeritus, Arvind, Nikhil, Guddu and Mahananda are wonderful people to be with in groups. Have spent some really enjoyable times with them, and am looking forward to enjoying the last month at KGP with them to the max.

The Department Junta

Ajay Tomer: Ajay was my best friend throughout the first year, and he got me through it. The best part is that we'll again be at the same place once I'm outta here. Lookin forward to it. :)

Jai Vohra: Also known as Sardar Jai Singh Vohra Singh, I knew him since first year. In the beginning of second year he got a department change to my dep. and also was allotted LLR hall with me. Nice fellow to be with, always full of jokes and laughter.

Nitin Mohta a.k.a Tintin. I've know him since the beginning of my first year. Always being full of tempo, and giving more than 100% are two of his qualities. My gracious host at Calcutta for the times when I want to escape KGP holi :D. 1st day ITC job crack means he is in for an awesome future.

Now cometh the time for the Mech. Dual Thermal Triad. Saurabh Kumar a.k.a Kone Wala, Sandeep Saha a.k.a Sandy and Vivek Malewar a.k.a Mallu Uncle. Three awesome people to do all your classes with, more so because they pay more attention in them than you. Wonderful study buddies, and great friends. All those nightouts while preparing for various exams were really enjoyable because these guys were around to help and have fun along with.

The muTTer Junta

Being a geek has certain advantages. You get to know some people through forums and stuff that you might never have ever met. So here are the friends that being a geek helped me make.

Karan Rawat a.k.a Nukem. Lord Nuke, our benevolent dictator, the sehenshah of the kingdom of muTTer. Kudos to this guy for providing an awesome platform to meet more like minded people. A total game and anime freak, he got me hooked to Japanime. Thanx Nuke :D

Nitin Dhawan a.k.a Nitzee. Geek and coder par excellence. And a fan of survival horror games, got me hooked. But I can't seem to play alone as effectively as we did in a team.

Abhishek Agarwal a.k.a Recca, the basketballer + gamer. Real cool chap to have as a friend.

Vaninder Singh, the "Vanishing Nerd". Another real cool fella to have as a friend and discuss computer stuff all day long. And he can really match his nickname, vanishes for some long time streches, no reply on phone. gtalk or anything :P.

There are a lot more people whose names I have not been able to include here. They too have been an indispensable part of these years.

All I can say is, THANK YOU for being my friends.

4 comments:

Sudarshan. A. G. said...

Boooooooooooooooorrrriiinnnggg!!!

:P :P

saurabh said...

:)

Abhishek Agarwal said...

Awsumm to c my name thr , but I kinda expected to see it thr as well :D

Psycho McCrazy said...

:)